Do you have the “only if” or “it always happens to me” malady? Is negative thinking getting you down? Are you constantly telling yourself things always go wrong and nothing ever goes right? Has an argument, a mishap, a bad experience with a neighbor, waiter, friend or colleague at work got you down? Are these thoughts on auto-replay in your mind three months later – a year later? And do these constant thoughts make you feel more and more anxious or depressed?
We all suffer from anxious moments and feeling down occasionally, but if these feelings are part of your daily routine, perhaps it is time to evaluate your surroundings and your thinking to see if some positive energy will help. If you continue to focus on things that make you anxious and depressed, you will continue to attract more situations and thoughts that create even more anxiety and despair. What you focus on is what you get. What you think about is what you create.
Positive Thinking = Positive Results
When Norman Vincent Peale wrote his book The Power of Positive Thinking in 1952, he understood the impact of negative thoughts versus positive thinking. He knew that if people would focus their thoughts on positive things they could change their lives for the better. This same principle is at the core of the more recent book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. The good news is, now there is another tool you can use to enhance the ability to stay in a positive mode instead of dropping back and focusing on the negatives.
In the world of Feng Shui, balance is the ultimate objective both in your surroundings and in your mind. If you are always thinking negative thoughts and focusing on the things that have gone wrong in your life, you lose the balance and harmony in your life and attract only the negative things which snowball into more things that go wrong.
Positive Energy Surroundings = Positive Thinking
To stop the constant replay of things going wrong in your life, shift to positive energy in your surroundings and thoughts. What follows are a few easy to apply suggestions on how to create positive energy so you can permanently push the stop button on negative thinking and create a better life which goes your way more often.
- Step into the light. Go outside where the sun is shining and take a walk. Or, open your curtains and turn on bright lights in your home. Invest in a torchiere lamp that shoots light upward in your favorite room. Light automatically raises your energy levels and thoughts.
- Find brightly colored rooms to spend time in when feeling down. Go shopping and purchase accent pillows or a throw for the sofa in bright colors to cheer up your favorite room – it will also cheer you up. If you are feeling anxious – spend time in a room that is painted calming colors like blue and green – you will respond positively to the calming energy of these colors.
- Wear light or bright colored clothing (yellow and orange work great) when feeling despair setting in – they will lift your spirits. Wear calming soft blues and greens when feeling anxious. These colors can change your outlook on life very quickly from negative to positive.
- Get a notebook or a book for writing and create a Gratitude Journal. Write at least 10 things you are thankful for every day in your journal. If you can’t think of anything start with things like having a roof over your head, food on the table or having the ability to walk from your bedroom to the kitchen. Anything will do until you get the hang of it. The more grateful you are for everything in your life the less time you have to feel sorry for yourself and you will find that a lot more things have gone your way than you thought.
- Play uplifting nurturing music instead of listening to the 6:00 news. There are a lot of music options today so choose wisely – much of it can rob your spirit and create even more anxiety and depression. If you really want stir your energy – play a few John Phillip Susa marches – there is no way you can listen to them and remain down. If you are anxious play classical music like Mozart or inner peace music by artists like Steven Halpern. Music is the universal language that makes the heart dance and the spirit soar creating an abundance of positive energy.
The Feng Shui based suggestions above energize your world and not only lead to positive thinking but also reduce stress, anxiety and the feelings of despair and depression. So often the solution to having a joy-filled happy life truly is in your own back yard – in this case your own home and mind.
Many have long underestimated the power of positive thinking. When you replace the “only ifs” or “it always happens to me” thought process with positive energy, positive thinking is the result. When you think positively, you take control of your life and have a better life – and that is good.
© Pat Heydlauff, all rights reserved 2008
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design,and Feng Shui expert, is a consultant, speaker, columnist and award-winning artist. She has been consulting with individuals, families, and companies since the early 1990’s, with clients ranging from California to Florida. In addition, she speaks at corporate and organizational functions, and gives seminars to enhance productivity.
visit: www.Energy-by-Design.com. or call: 561-408-2708.Share