Do you have a tendency to over-think and over-complicate everything you do? Do you feel like there must be just one more thing you need to do, find or search to make your plan perfect, work better or be more effective? The secret is to let go of the old. In other words, unclutter your thoughts and use positive energy thinking to create a new way of doing things.
It’s all about enjoying the journey while being efficient and effective so you can be more productive and profitable. It’s not about how complex you can make something or how many options there are and should you use them all. Streamline your thinking and get rid of the old patterns such as more is better.
As a self-employed Baby Boomer, Pam found herself needing to bolster her income and decided to use Feng Shui’s positive energy principles to increase her prosperity and focus energy on creating “abundant income.” She took the following steps to make it happen.
- She created an “ABUNDANT INCOME” sign in a number of sizes and posted them throughout her office and in her home in the east (to encourage new business) in the southeast (to encourage more money) in the south (to encourage good fortune) and in the northwest (to encourage helpful people refer business to her).
- First, she uncluttered every area she placed the cards so she would not energize the clutter but rather her real goal, that of “abundant income.”
- Next she created new business cards and promotional materials that utilized positive energy through the color green (new business and income) the shape of a globe (to energize work with no boundaries since she worked on creating websites and social media clouds) and a touch of red for good luck.
- Then she emailed, snail-mailed and handed out the new materials to everyone she could think of.
While waiting for the results of her positive energy campaign to come rolling in she continued working with her existing clients. She worked twice as hard making sure everything was perfect. She kept adding more things and ideas to existing customer’s websites and social media clouds, but nothing seemed to work better, faster or was more productive and profitable. She kept struggling but could not understand the “why.”
Finally, she went back to her Feng Shui positive energy plan and made a startling discovery. She was using Feng Shui principles to create her new energy plan but forgot that she needed to unclutter her old way of thinking and doing things. If she is using positive energy to create her new business plan, she also needed to apply the uncluttering process to her thinking and action plan.
Pam recognized that she was overanalyzing the needs of existing clients because she was afraid that she wasn’t doing something right or enough. Therefore, she was spending a lot of un-billable time trying to make their websites and social media clouds better when they were very satisfied with what they had. She also realized she had not created a positive energy roadmap for the future – just one simple campaign to win new customers. By changing her thinking and applying additional positive energy principles to her life, she stands a much better chance of not only gaining additional customers but also turning them into long-term clients.
- She uncluttered her thinking by eliminating her 20th century thought process and updated it with circular thinking patterns. In other words, there is a natural flow of things and thoughts to bring them to completion. Rather than following many tangents that may make you more knowledgeable overall, follow the thought process that will make your project or event whole by following a simple progression.
- Next, she realized she needed to simplify her business offerings to her clients. What her clients wanted were simple, uncluttered easy to use websites and social media networking clouds that either they could run or she could do it for them for a minimal fee.
- The final step was to realize that she was in the process of creating a roadmap, not just a one-time plan that will lead her to “abundant income.” It’s one thing to want something enough to focus energy on it (abundant income) but it’s another thing to create a roadmap for getting there and then to take action.
Today, Pam has developed a simple easy to use roadmap and is well on the way to creating an expanded client base and “abundant income.”
The use of Feng Shui’s positive energy principles develops the atmosphere for creating the future but you must take action to make something good happen. This process is great for letting go of the old that is holding you back, and creating the future you want.
© Pat Heydlauff, all rights reserved 2009
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, helps people eliminate chaos and stress at home and within oneself. As a consultant and speaker, Pat uses color, design and organization principles to transform clients’ lives. Her proven methods remove clutter and disorder, while enhancing personal growth, improved relationships, prosperity, and joy. Her new book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” provides changes that lead to personal success and abundance. For information on her consulting, speaking and artwork, visit: www.Energy-by-Design.com. or call: 561-408-2708.Share