Do you feel like some days you are on a merry-go-round because you cannot focus? Do you feel like every place you look you face unfinished projects or each corner you turn there is yet something more to do, take charge of or care for? Is your life a constant set of circumstances that seem never ending or projects that never reach completion?
When you are on this type of merry-go-round you will still be able to maintain your daily activities and meet commitments to a certain extent but you will find yourself feeling frustrated, out of control and overwhelmed. A major blockage of energy has occurred in your life to allow this type of energy drain to take hold. It is the type of energy blockage that will continue getting worse over time and you will feel like you are on a downward spiraling trend.
Stop the merry-go-round
The very first step to take is to stop the merry-go-round so you can get off and assess just where the energy is blocked in your world. Stopping your revolving or spiraling cycle is easier than you think. By acknowledging that you have a problem and making the determined effort to find out why and how to change automatically starts to shift the energy. You start to become more in control of the events in your life simply by shifting energy from the out of control cycle.
Next take a look around you. What is or was going on in your life that may have created a major energy blockage? Did you lose or change jobs, did someone close to you die, did you get a divorce, was one of your young children seriously ill or did your children grow up and leave home? Any one of these could lead to an energy shift that could create significant blockage which leads to feeling overwhelmed, fearful and even panicky.
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, that’s where you begin looking to seriously get rid of your blockage. What you need to look for are things that are cluttering your physical and mental space. Things that you have saved and collected through the years that have unpleasant or unresolved issues attached to them; things that perhaps
you’ve moved from house to house, storage box to storage box or mentally from one corner to another corner in your mind. You know, they are the “someday I’ll deal with it” things. You need to discover what those things are for you and get “get rid of them”. Below you will find a short list of possible things to look for based on my clients’ experiences:
- Boxes of pictures and/or things you are holding onto of you and your deceased spouse, sibling or parents because you are afraid to let go – keep your favorites, frame pictures so you can enjoy them and get rid of the others so you can move on
- Certificates, pictures and plaques from a previous job that you loved but lost – if they hold negative memories and energy they create blocked energy, even fear of losing another job – keep only those that hold the memory of achievement and get rid of the rest
- Bedrooms of children that are now adults and no longer living at home need to be changed and updated – keeping them just as they were when your children were young keeps your energy tied to the past blocking you from seeing the joy in their future and how you can participate in it – update those rooms so they can come back home for visits as adults so you can enjoy and adult to adult relationship
- File drawers full of divorce papers continue to amplify anything negative that took place during that period of your life – sort through it keeping only the very necessary legal documents and toss everything else – eliminate this old negative energy so positive new energy can enter
- File drawers and storage boxes filled with old accident reports, legal run-ins and insurance claims that were never fulfilled also need to be sorted, tossing everything except those very few pieces of paper that you must keep – all of the others pieces act as negative energy and block your ability to move forward.
Apply the same clearing strategy to your thinking as well as your files and home. Blocked energy merry-go-rounds are truly of ones own making. This type of blockage doesn’t happen in just a few hours or a few days. Sometimes it festers and grows for many years until you get to the point where you say “I need help; I can’t go on this way any longer.”
By recognizing your energy is blocked you are already on the road to success. Discover what is creating your feelings of fear, overwhelm and frustration. Once you have discovered the culprit(s) get busy and “get rid of them.” You will regain control of your life and get off the merry-go-round for good.
© Pat Heydlauff, all rights reserved 2007
Heydlauff, Feng Shui expert is a consultant, public speaker, columnist and spiritual artist. She has been consulting with families and businesses since the early 1990’s with clients ranging from California and the Midwest to Florida. For Feng Shui consultations in the home and workplace or for self, speaking engagements and in-depth organizational seminars, call Pat now at 561 799-3443, or visit: www.Energy-by-Design.com.Share