Kathy, an attractive woman in her mid thirties has a reasonably good job, a few good friends to spend leisure time with and enough money to live in a pleasant but small two bedroom home. While things looked good on the surface, she was very unhappy with where her life was headed and felt like she was racing with the clock but the clock was winning. She just couldn’t seem to break out of her endless spiral of wanting something better but not knowing what or how to get there.
She had been introduced to Feng Shui by a friend but when reading books about it would see something like “Feng Shui is a Chinese system for arranging space and the placement of things to bring balance and harmony into your life.” Or, “it’s all about flow and the movement of energy.” Or, “it’s a way to clear space.” While all of that sounded interesting she just couldn’t quite understand what it really meant and how it would work for her.
Each one of these statements about Feng Shui is correct but very limiting. Feng Shui is so much more than just the placement of things or a way to clear the clutter. Feng Shui is a way of life. It’s a way of bringing your personal environment and you into harmony both externally and internally so you can live a better life and enjoy it more. It is a method for living your life through which you can improve relationships, health, wealth, creativity and abundance.
Feng Shui is that simple and really works. It isn’t black magic, it isn’t a religion or cult, and it isn’t a Band-Aid but rather the use of positive energy in your life to create a better tomorrow. I shared with Kathy my simplified approach to Feng Shui which everyone can apply to their lives and have positive results.
Steps to a Better Tomorrow
- Revive your joy in life so you can enjoy life more. Simplify your life and all your commitments so that you only do those things that are necessary to care for yourself and/or your family plus those things that help others in need or bring you joy. To energize the revitalization of joy in your life look in the mirror every morning and say I will do only those things today that will fulfill my needs and/or bring me joy.
- Reinvent your future so it is what you want, not what others dictate or want for you. Evaluate how you spend your time at work and at home. Where you focus your time is what you create for your future. If you are spending over 50% of your time at work doing things you hate, it is time to change. If your time spent at home needs adjusting, don’t just talk about it, do it. To energize reinventing your future create an Intentions Board and place on it pictures and things that represent what you want your future to look like. You will create it.
- Refresh your health so you can do more than just survive each day. Be sure to exercise a little every day whether that means swimming, playing tennis, golf or walking your dog. At the same time, look at what you are eating. If you don’t take good care of your body, where will you live? To energize a healthier you, place a beautiful healthy upward reaching plant in the east area of your bedroom or living room. Be sure to water and feed it regularly to keep it growing and healthy. It will be your reminder to do the same for your body.
- Redesign your time so you can do the things you want to do. Unclutter your world so you have less stagnant energy in your life which will allow new energy to enter.With less clutter to care for, you will automatically have more time to do what you want to do, not what you have to do. Place boxes or bags in all closets and the garage for clutter. Make it a weekly habit to go through these areas and remove clutter so it does not collect and become negative energy. You will have more time for you.
- Revitalize your wealth so you don’t have to worry so much about tomorrow. Nurture and guard your income much like you would care for a precious plant in your home. Always spend just a little (or a lot) less money than you receive every month and place your reserve somewhere it can grow. This applies to those young and old. You are never too young or too old to increase your wealth. Use a professional wealth advisor to help you. To energize revitalizing your wealth, place a money pot made out of wood in the southeast area of your office or bedroom and put seven US dollar coins in the container.
By doing any one of the above you will immediately create a better flow of energy in your personal environment and have a better tomorrow. If you choose to do all five of the above as Kathy did, six months from now you too can also be a totally different person living a better life and in-control of your future.
Feng Shui really does work when you apply it. It is a formula for living. Make today count so you too can have a better tomorrow.
© Pat Heydlauff, all rights reserved 2008
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, uses Feng Shui design principles to eliminate chaos and stress at home and within oneself. More than a Feng Shui expert, Pat is a consultant and speaker who helps remove clutter and negativity while encouraging personal growth, improved relationships and prosperity. Her forthcoming book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” shows how small changes can lead to a big improvement in one’s personal and professional success. For information on her consulting, speaking and artwork, call (561) 799-3443 or visit: www.Energy-by-Design.comShare