Whether you are a realtor seeking illusive financing for a new client, a fulltime mother trying to make ends meet with less money and less time or a corporate CEO looking for ways to slash expenses while trying to prevent major layoffs, you are struggling with how to find the unending possibilities in challenging times.
Everywhere you turn you hear stories about people giving up and losing hope. According to research, entrepreneurs are losing hope of staying in business and creating additional jobs faster in this country than anywhere else in the world. New business ventures in the US fell 24% compared to only 6% in the UK. Americans are also losing hope of finding a job. Over 30 million are either unemployed or underemployed and 60% of them have little or no hope of finding work soon. What seems to be at stake is losing hope for achieving the American dream – the unending possibilities of realizing your dreams, accomplishing your goals and living a better life, the foundation this country was built upon.
Where do you fit during these challenging times? Have you lost hope and find yourself mired in “can’t do” or “won’t happen” energy. Or are you in control and focused on a positive “can do” and “make it happen” energy?
Most people do not realize that they are constantly surrounded with energy that is either supportive and helpful or negative and destructive. People without hope are surrounded with energy drainers in the form of negative thoughts, things and people that help keep them down or push them down further. Those that have few energy drainers in their surroundings find it much easier to search for and find those unending possibilities that help keep the American dream alive and well, even in challenging times.
Defining Energy Drainers
The most commonly thought of energy drainers in one’s life would be a poor diet and lack of exercise. Both can cause difficult obstacles to overcome. The little known secret is that your thoughts plus the things and people you surround yourself with also get in your way and prevent you from accomplishing a task at hand, a long term goal or living a life filled with prosperity and joy.
- Your thinking – are you always putting yourself down? Do you have stinking thinking – you will never get a job, you don’t deserve a good relationship, your house will never sell in this market, you’ll be the next one laid off, you shouldn’t take a risk because you will fail? The list can go on and on. Eliminate that endless negative energy draining loop that tells you nothing good ever happens to you and replace it with positive thoughts. Thoughts are extremely powerful – what you think about is what you create and becomes your future. You create prosperity and abundance by thinking about what it feels like to have prosperity and abundance not by thinking about what you don’t have. Control your thoughts – your future is created first by a thought.
- Your surroundings – eliminate, unclutter and organize your surroundings so a positive flow of energy can meander throughout bringing with it prosperity and joy. You cannot attract new things and prosperity without making room for them. For example, if you do not remove things from your closet that are old or don’t fit well, you will not have room for new clothes. If you do not make room in a business by uncluttering old thinking, you will not have room for new thinking so you can look for unending possibilities in challenging times.
- Your associates, friends and family – while this may be a bit harder to do you also need to pay attention to the people that surround you on a regular basis. Are they supportive, encouraging and uplifting? If yes, they are providing your positive energy. If some of them are constantly complaining, discouraging you from moving forward or downright depressing, re-arrange your schedule and spend much less time with them. Fill up your newly found open time with reading or listening to motivational, uplifting and inspiring books.
Develop Attraction Energy
It really isn’t hard, time consuming or expensive to develop attraction energy. In fact it takes only a little time and effort on your part.
- Spend the first 15 minutes of each day focusing on what you wish to attract. This can be done through prayer, meditation, journaling or creative visualization within while your eyes are closed. The secret is in focusing daily on your objective to manifest it or attract it to you. If you are a realtor you may wish to focus energy on selling more homes and having smooth closings.
- Organize your time not your calendar. If you focus on your calendar and all of the things you have to accomplish daily or weekly your focus will be very scattered and you will accomplish much less. Make room on your calendar for focusing on attracting what you seek instead of allowing your calendar to dictate what you will do each day. A fulltime Mother may wish to make a date with herself once a week to nurture and care for herself as she is usually spending all of her time caring for others.
- Create a Vision Board to serve as a visual reminder of what you are in the process of attracting. Use a bulletin board and push pins or your computer desktop as your Vision Board. If it is a new job you wish to attract, place on your board a number of pictures and ideal income of what that new job will look like. If it is a home, place the types and sizes of home, the neighborhood and even the ideal price on your Vision Board. Your board is a creative reminder for you as well as a tool that focuses energy on what you wish to attract. A business leader might design a vision board with encouraging quotes and create a verbal picture of what he or she would like the future of the company to look like. This keeps your employees involved and hopeful.
Eliminating energy drainers is a never ending task. You must remain diligent to stay in control of your thinking and keep your surroundings uncluttered to allow positive new energy to flow throughout. Develop the habit of eliminating and organizing everyday so it is not an
overwhelming daunting task. The result of eliminating energy drainers is more time and new energy that will help you to find and take advantage of those unending possibilities during challenging times.
© Pat Heydlauff, all rights reserved 2010
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, helps business leaders streamline and transform their companies, resulting in employee satisfaction, client retention and bottom line profitability. She energizes and enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of workplace environments using color, design and organization principles. Her new book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” provides change that leads to success and prosperity. Contact Pat for consulting and speaking: www.Energy-by-Design.com or call: 561-408-2708